(redirected from Unslung.OEPackagesForUnslung)
This is list of known issues that keep OE (OpenEmbedded) packages from working in Unslung
(Please add issues you've had here)
- Packages need to be placed in /opt/... rather than default locations
- The startup scripts for OE need to be handled in a way that works with unslung
- We need a way to change prefix and exec_prefix on a case-by-case basis, so that unsling and wget can go in the right place.
- The ldconfig executable built from OE segfaults on the slug (lots of package postinst scripts call ldconfig)
This is a list of known Fixes for issues listed above
(Feel free to contribute)
- Changing the values prefix and exec_prefix in local.conf can cause packages to install properly, but causes Unslung to build wrong
- ? Would it be possible to use a standalone ldconfig or a different ldconfig than the one in OE?
This is a list of items listed above that have already been fixed
(Pick an item fix it and post here that you did so)
This is the link to the page which has a list of working packages (or almost working)
Notes on the Unslung (derived from Linksys) init script system
The Linksys init scripts start at /etc/rc, and work through /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit and /etc/rc.d/rc.1, and many others called by those. Eventually they get to near the end, and then we inserted a line to call /etc/rc.d/rc.unslung-start to start all the Unslung packages.
That /etc/rc.d/rc.unslung-start script does some diversion script processing, then enters it's main loop which looks like this (cut down to remove the dross):
# Start all init scripts in /opt/etc/init.d
# executing them in numerical order.
for i in /opt/etc/init.d/S??* ;do
# Ignore dangling symlinks (if any).
[ ! -f "$i" ] && continue
case "$i" in
# Source shell script for speed.
trap - INT QUIT TSTP
# No sh extension, so fork subprocess.
There is a similar /etc/rc.d/rc.unslung-stop script which does much the same thing except looks for K??* instead of S??* and calls them with a "stop" argument (so you can use the same script for both S** and K** if you process the argument).