To Do List (in order) to prepare a binary release.
- Add an appropriate tag to the monotone repository to capture the revision which has the candidate for a release:
Edit DISTRO_VERSION in conf/distro/openslug.conf
monotone tag <revision> <release name> (the revision should be the one generated by the commit).
- Check out the tagged monotone revision into the SVN trunk.
You must have the full SVN repo tree:
rm -rf monotone
monotone --db=your.db --revision=<revision> co monotone
scripts/copyclone -c monotone openembedded
Does this look ok? Check it carefully...
scripts/copyclone monotone openembedded
diff -r --exclude=.svn
to make sure (the directories should be identical after copyclone).
- Make the release (snapshot) by creating a branch in the SVN tree.
- Create Source Tarball for release from SVN.
mv openslug-source.tar.gz OpenSlug-<release>.tar.gz
- Test SVN snapshot (make sure it builds.)
tar -xzf .../OpenSlug-<release>.tar.gz
- File release the source tarball at berlios.de and sf.net.
Follow the instructions on the respective web sites.
- Generate a clean binary from the released source from berlios.de.
- Upload binary to be tested.
- Test binary.
- Package up binary with license, and documentation.
- Point download link to binary package.