This page documents my attempt to install libgd (http://www.libgd.org/Main_Page) on OpenSlug 3.10.
Why do I want to do this?
We are attempting to get a CMU Camera working off an NSLU2 running on an FRC (www.usfirst.org) robot.
We have installed a web server (thttpd) on the NSLU2. We want to be able to extract an image from the CMUCam2 and put it on the web server as a GIF or PNG file (we need it to be accurate without JPEG lossy compression).
After searching the internet, libgd seems to be the easiest way to take the camera image and convert it to a PNG file.
- OpenSlug 3.10 running on a 2Gb USB Memory Stick.
- Install gcc (ipkg install gcc, and some other stuff.. TODO: find this sequence on a clean slug)
- Make sure you can compile a "helloworld.c" file...
- Install binutils (ipkg install binutils)
- fix the symlink bug for ar (from the current binutils -- should be fixed soon)
ln -S armeb-linux-ar ar
- Install zLib
ipkg install libz-dev
- Install libjpeg
ipkg install libjpeg-dev
- download libgd (TODO: get the correct URL)
- untar it
- configure it
- install it