NOTE This is work in progress and do not work yet, DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Since mt-daapd / firefly media server is not in the regular debian sid feeds I made this short howto for myself. I simply need this... I also did the same routine when I ran debonaras on my slugs, now im endian reversed and even more happy.
There is a .deb package on the developers homepage, but as it is compiled for i386 only it is of "no use" for our little arm. However, since the tarball is all set to be buildt as a proper .deb the nice developers included all the needed files. Thanks! (Makes it so much nicer for us users)
1. Getting setup for that little compile, do:
2. Getting the source. Two steps, figuring out your sf mirror and doenloading it to the slug. Go to http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=98211&package_id=105189 and find your mirror, copy the link location. wget $LINK (the location you copied)
3. Unpack the tarball and dive into the code. Change the version number to match your download please.
4. Configure the stuff... And please change the mailto in the copyright file to your own, dont redistribute the file either. =) ./configure (And please change the mailto in the copyright file!!!)
5. Build it! Go drink some coffe now...
If you got a bit confused around point 4 go read up on the http://www.us.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/index.en.html something with debian/changelog fuzzing I just deleted it and used the tools provided to remake it all. Hint